An annual Poetry Journal published by the League of Minnesota Poets
Features poems by members of the League. Each member in good standing receives one copy of The Moccasin. Additional copies may be purchased for $7.00 each plus $1.25 postage. Some back issues are available for the following donations, plus $1.25 postage: 2008 - 2016, $5 each; 2000 - 2007, $4 each and $1 each for those prior to 2000. Copies may be ordered from The Moccasin Editor, Meredith R. Cook, 427 N. Gorman St., Blue Earth, MN 56013. Make checks payable to: The League of Minnesota Poets.
The Moccasin Editor: Meredith R. Cook firstname.lastname@example.org
Be a Patron of the Arts!
Members enjoy showing their support for The Moccasin by making donations and being acknowledged in an issue for being a Patron of Poetry. If you'd like to be recognized as a Patron of Poetry, please send a check to the Treasurer of the League of Minnesota poets. Any amount is welcome and will be acknowledged. Thank you to past patrons.
SEND POEMS! Keep at least six poems on file with the editor. Vary the subject matter, form, length, and width; keep quality strong.
- New this year, a 32-line maximum limit for all poems that are not NFSPS contest prize winners.
- The Moccasin accepts ONLY poems.
- Typed on standard 8-1/2 inch x 11-inch paper, not more than one poem per page, text on only one side of the page.
- Please put your name, email address and phone number in the upper right hand corner of each page.
- All poems except haiku and senryu must have titles.
- Proofread your work carefully.
- If your poem's punctuation breaks from convention, please include a statement of your intention. Or it may be edited conventionally.
- Check that your subject and verb agree and your tense remains consistent.
- Please do not use inversions or archaic language.
- The Moccasin accepts poems from ONLY League of Minnesota members. Dues must be current.
FINAL DEADLINE for submission to this year’s Moccasin is 11:59 PM July 8, 2017 (postmark). (Deadline is always the second Saturday in July.)
While The Moccasin accepts previously published poetry, we only list credits for previous publication for the NFSPS contest winners and poems published in other magazines and anthologies. This is done to encourage participation in NFSPS contests and to show members the kinds of poetry that win and are being published. The Moccasin prints up to three NFSPS contest prize-winning poems by any given member per issue/year.
To Submit to The Moccasin Online
Attach a .doc file to an email and send it to: email@example.com